(This poem is about a mother recollecting her breastfeeding journey and the struggles she faced and the kind of support she received along her journey.) I remember the first time when I held my precious one in my arm, his tiny little eyes, spreading all his charm. I wished that I could pour all my love onto him and keep him secure, protected and warm. I was so eager to provide him all the nourishment, give him my liquid gold and the best start to his life. But never had I imagined that breastfeeding him, would be such a strife. My doctor said, "This is just the begining of something wonderful. Patience and perseverance, is the key." He sent in the LC to my rescue, and within no time she miraculously got him latched onto me. Day by day I was mastering the skills and my little one seemed happy and glee. But the long breastfeeding hours and sleepless nights, were indeed taking a toll on me. My husband said please let me help, you need to rest befor...
This blog by Rashmi Poduval - a Lactation Consultant in Pune, is for mothers who seek useful information related to breastfeeding. It will cover various topics like benefits of breastfeeding, problems related to breastfeeding, lactation help for working mothers, complementary feeding or starting solids for babies at 6 months, etc
Comments
Post a Comment